Who we are
Have a look at our Image brochure.
IATM is the umbrella organization of international museum and more than 100 members by now. The federation is also affiliated with ICOM – The International Council of Museums.
Communication and cooperation are the main requests of the IATM to support the represented museums in their aims and tasks. We invite you to inform yourself and to join the further work of IATM.
For any comments, questions and further informations please use the contact informations below to get in touch with the IATM. The Association exists to promote the professional networking of its members in order to enhance the quality of their work for the benefit of society, visitors and customers. Within its fields it has the same aims and methods as those of International Council of Museums.
What you get as a member
- Conferences: Every year you will be invited to participate in the World Conference which focuses on challenges and recent developments in the museums field .
- Network: You will get access to the global network of museums in the field of Transport and Communication, share knowledge and best practice, collaborate and make Friends.
- Proceedings: digital reports of the conferences
- Skillbridge: Take part in our Fellowship Programme which fosters joint projects, employee development and promote the transfer of knowledge and skills between museum professionals
How to join
Both museums and individuals are welcome.
- For institutions the fee is graded according to the size of the staff from 150 Euros (1-5 employees), 225 Euros (6-20 employees) to 300 Euros (over 20 employees).
- For individuals the fee is 45 Euros.