IATM invites you to submit papers for the 43rd conference which will be held in Ottawa in 14-17 October 2018.
Please submit your Registration Form and your Call for Paper Application Form with abstract by midnight (12:00AM, EST) June 29th, 2018 to: CIMUSET2018@gmail.com
Call for Paper Application Form
• Abstracts must not exceed 250 words.
• Submissions must be received by midnight (12:00AM, EST) June 29th, 2018. Late entries will not be considered.
• All submissions will be vetted by the Review Committee.
• Your submission (and any subsequent acceptance) of an abstract is a commitment by you to present your paper in person at the conference.
• Submitters will be notified, via email, by the Review Committee regarding the acceptance or rejection of their abstract by July 23, 2018.
• No individual may present more than one paper.
• Co-authors and co-presenters must be defined when submitting your abstract.
• We prefer submissions to be in English.
The meeting will be held in English with some limited translations from and to French when necessary.
The 42nd IATM Conference under the theme “Museum 4.0 – Digital opportunities for Transport and Communications Museums” was held in Lucerne and Berne (Switzerland) from 24 – 27 September 2017. Have a look at the report or the results of the round tables.
We are delighted to welcome you to Switzerland as guests of the 2017 IATM Conference. The Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne and the Museum of Communication in Berne have put together an exciting and wide-ranging conference programme under the theme Museum 4.0 – Digital opportunities for Transport and Communication Museums.
You can expect the following high points:
▶ Interactive presentations and discussions on the theme of Museum 4.0
▶ Tours of two of Switzerland’s most popular museums
▶ Lake cruise on famous Lake Lucerne
▶ Rail journey on the historic Gotthard mountain line into Canton Ticino, returning via the world’s longest railway tunnel (57 km)
▶ Visit to the refurbished Museum of Communication in Bern
▶ Efficiently organised IATM annual general meeting in Bern
Switzerland is the land of public transport. As evidence, every attendee is receiving an exclusive four-day Swiss Travel Pass providing free travel throughout the country’s public transport network.
We look forward to seeing you!
Swiss Museum of Transport Lucerne
Museum of Communication Berne
The 41st IATM Conference under the theme “The role of the artefact in 21st century museums” was held in Edinburgh and Glasgow (United Kingdom) from 25 – 28 September 2016. Have a look at the report: IATM Conference 2016